July 28, 2011

A Peeling?

Prompt from Margo Roby: write about an epiphany
Prompt from Poetic Bloomings: write an etheree
Prompt from Poetic Asides: write about opposites
A fruit which once soured both senses and stomach is now acceptable to both; I randomly tried a few slices that were served to me, and found to my great surprise that they went down easily and stayed down quietly. And so, to my new-found acquaintance, the banana:

Ripe
yellow
banana,
my nemesis
of pubescent years,
who offended taste buds,
distressed my sense of smell,
quashed my appetite for dinner:
then suddenly, all defenses fade!
wonderstruck, I eat my first banana.

7 comments:

  1. Elizabeth- The etheree is a perfect form for an epiphany! So how did the banana taste after all those years?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad! Although it's taking some getting used to...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you - both for the poem and the epiphany.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done. Elvis loved peanut butter and banana sandwiches you know--fried.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH how cute! Love this...and I LOVE bananas...with peanut butter, in ice cream, in my cheerios, and yes, on pbj's too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love bananas. Hope YOU grow to love them too.

    ReplyDelete