May 08, 2011

Mother, May I?

Prompts from Poetic Bloomings and Sunday Scribblings: water, may
And... Happy Mother's Day!


I can garden, just like you!
Mother, may I?

Look, my hands are dirty,
black smudges on my face,
sweaty too, but look! my seeds
are sleeping now in earth.

I can garden, just like you!
Mother, may I?

Look, I watered them,
poured lots of it all over them,
so they can drink when they wake up,
and grow up big and tall.

I can garden, just like you!
Mother, may I?

Look, so pretty!
I picked some just for you,
these flowers that we grew,
God and me and you.

I can garden, just like you!
Mother, may I?

7 comments:

  1. A beautiful yet hard question - can I be grown up too? Lovely piece..Jae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious! Takes me back to times in my grandmother's garden and helps me enjoy the days when my 2 year old grandson picks bouquets from my own. Love all around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A delightful poem with a beautiful rhythm and a host of remembrances built in for us to savour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, you may.
    lovely word play.
    beautiful MAY poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful attitude, you rock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the smile I leave with. I love the child's voice and humor in the poem. Just wonderful, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad this brought a smile to you all!

    ReplyDelete