March 23, 2011

Spring Flowers

Prompt from Poetic Asides: spring

Somehow my muse seems to hibernate during winter... but springtime brings it back in full bloom! The tender green shoots of leaves on the trees outside my window, the crisp blue of a sunshiney day, the refreshing calm of a gentle spring breeze caressing my face - all these waken the muse within me. Gone is the starkness of winter, the marble grey skies and the muted browns of the earth. Gone are the monochromatic days of white; in their place is a world alive with life and color! Hence, this acrostic which practically sprung from my mind to the page as I wrote:

(c) Elizabeth Johnson 2010
   



   S ilently, their faces
   P op up from their beds
   R ising gracefully
   I nto maturity
   N odding approval
   G reeting the sunshine

1 comment: