November 10, 2010

Morning Cup o' Joe

PAD Challenge, Prompt #10: love
With a nod to Elizabeth Barrett Browning for her Sonnet #43

How I do love you:
    let me savor the ways.
I love you with the depth of
    my twenty-one ounce latte mug.
I love you with the intensity of
    a double shot of espresso.
I love you with the purity of
    authentic coffee essence.
I love you with the fullness of
    a South American blend.
I love you with the richness of
    an extra-dark French roast.
I love you with the complexity of
    fruited and chocolatey undertones.
I love you with the sweetness of
    two teaspoons of sugar.
I love you singly and unadorned, or
I love you in café au lait or cappuccino.
I love you as decaf or half-caff, but
I love you even more as full-caff.
    And if my morning allows me the time,
I shall but love you better after consuming you.

No comments:

Post a Comment