October 17, 2010

Harvester of Souls

Prompt from Sunday Scribblings: harvest

I went in a different direction then the normal meaning of "harvest," due to our missions emphasis at church this weekend. Not sure how many of you it will resonate with, but this "other kind" of harvest is a great burden on my heart right now.

"The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest" (Luke 10:2).

When I see you, I look not
at the color of your skin or
how you dress, but at your
inner weariness with life.

When I hear you speak, I listen not
to the way your pronounce your words
or your knowledge of grammar, but
to your plea for satisfaction.

I sense your need for fulfillment,
your longing to be truly loved,
and I want to share with you
a message that will satisfy;

for I am called to be a harvester
of souls, one who labors to
plant the seed of the truth
that can fulfill and free you;

one who nurtures that seed with
genuine compassion for your soul,
seeking to share with you
perfect joy and contentment;

one who cares enough to tell you
the life-changing good news of
hope and eternal salvation,
redemption and satisfaction.

2 comments:

  1. Nicely written... as one who has helped with the harvest of souls, I too share in the news of hope and salvation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful.

    follow the flow.
    stay cool,

    ReplyDelete