August 13, 2010

Excuses

Prompt from Poetic Asides: use the phrase "As I was saying" as a springboard into your poem . . . use it as the title of your poem or within your poem . . . [or] as motivation to write a poem about someone who's telling a story . . .

My brother stole my homework,
My sister stained my shirt,
My puppy ate my shoelaces,
I didn't do anything wrong!

My alarm clock didn't go off.
My printer ran out of ink,
My computer lost my work,
I didn't do anything wrong!

My neighbor kept me talking,
My street was filled with traffic,
My headache made me late,
I didn't do anything wrong!

My gym membership expired,
My cake just had to be eaten,
My cholesterol was inherited,
I didn't do anything wrong!

My paycheck was never enough,
My clothes weren't fancy enough,
My lifestyle needed more credit cards,
I didn't do anything wrong!

My problems aren't my fault,
My innocence is clear,
My stories are the truth.
I didn't do anything wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment